Work out while the kids play! Enjoy the Pittsburgh Outdoor Fitness at Deer Lakes Park. Visitors will find a variety of outdoor fitness equipment. The equipment is located near the playground at Deer Lakes Park at the “Minnow 1 & 2” location. The location is open year round and free to use to the public! While it can be tempting for young children, please remember this equipment is for children 14 and older.
Pittsburgh Outdoor Fitness at Deer Lakes Park
- (2) Air Striders – this piece of equipment allows for a striding motion which improves hip and lower-body flexibility; it also tones legs and glutes and provides a no-impact cardio workout
- (3) Ellipticals – this piece of equipment provides a genuine elliptical motion for a low-impact cardio workout; it improves full-body flexibility while also allowing for the toning of arms, obliques, waist, hips, glutes, quads and calves
- (1) Knee Raise Dip Combo – this piece of equipment provides an abdominal workout and back stretch; users can perform a knee raise on one side and dips and stretching and pull-ups on the other side
- (2) Arm and Leg Press Combo – this piece of equipment is a bodyweight resistance unit that allows for a lower and upper body workout; the user can change the resistance by changing their body positioning
- (1) Pull Up Dip Combo – this piece of equipment provides opportunity for multi-height pull-up, chin-up, and stretch with a suspending dip station that strengthens and tones, arms, chest, shoulders and back; it is a multi-use station.
Find more Pittsburgh outdoor fitness sites throughout Allegheny County here.
Located about 30 minutes Northeast of downtown Pittsburgh, Deer Lakes park is in an approximately 1,200 acre park in Tarentum, Pennsylvania. Not only is it a popular spot with the fishermen (with three stocked fishing lakes) but Deer Lake Park is also home to Wegman Observatory, a disc golf course, hiking/walking trails, multiple playgrounds, outdoor fitness equipment, picnic sites and a spray park.
Deer Lakes Park Playground
Kids will have a blast at the playground located nearby! Most of this plastic and steel playground is designed for children ages 5-12 years but there is equipment for children as young as 2 yrs. There are plenty of fun elements that will keep kids of all ages active and engaged. Read more about the Deer Lakes Park Playground.