Trying to keep the kids busy with summer without breaking the bank? Play Pittsburgh’s “Weekly Guide to Coupons & Deals” will save your family money all season! Look for our new weekly guide with every Friday this summer to keep up to date on the top picks for FREE weekend fun, deals on family dining and discounts on family entertainment.
Top 5 Picks for FREE Weekend Fun: July 25th – 27th
No need to spend a fortune to have a great time. Pittsburgh is booming with great free and cheap fun all summer long (see this month’s entire calendar). Check out our Top 5 Picks for FREE fun happening this weekend!
- Pittsburgh Blues Festival FREE Friday: The Pittsburgh Blues Festival turns TWENTY! The event features food and merchandise vendors and a KidZone with arts and crafts, nutrition education and games. Patrons receive free access to the festival with the donation of a bag of non-perishable items. Proceeds benefit the Greater Pittsburgh Food Bank. (more info)
- Starlite Car Cruise & Community Event: The largest weekly car cruise in the Western Pennsylvania area! Stop by for FREE face painting and a bouncy house! The Wexford Starlite Car Cruise is hosted by North Way Christian Community. It is a family-friendly, community event where car enthusiasts of all types, spectators and families gather for a fun, relaxing and entertaining summer evening. (more info)
- Lowe’s Build and Grow: Build the Turbo Taco Truck! Each guest receives a wooden project, free apron, goggles and patch! Build and Grow Clinics are free to the public and occur select Saturdays at 10am. (more info)
- Schramm Farm’s Corn Cook Out and Car Cruise: 2nd Annual Corn Cook-Out & Car Cruise that will be tons of fun for the whole family. There will be a children’s area with a blow-up slide, pony rides and more! (more info)
- Kids & Family Fun Day at IKEA: Balloon animals, games, prizes and more! IKEA’s children’s area will be open as well. (more info)
Top 5 Deals on Family Entertainment
- 1-Night Stay at a 4-Person Cabin with Two Pancake Breakfasts at Camp Sandusky: Cabin accommodates up to four guests with a double bed and a set of bunk beds, and campers wake up to a pancake breakfast for two. The cabins are equipped with electricity, a picnic table, a charcoal grill, and a fire ring, but guests should bring their own bed linens. (more info)
- Summer Camp at Mad Science of Pittsburgh: Young scientists and engineers can bend light, spark chemical reactions, alter voices, or create a small-scale storm! Camp lasts an entire week and sessions run from 9am-noon. Available dates through August. (more info)
- Two-Hour Fun Pass for One, Two, or Four at Fun Fore All: One of our favorite indoor play places! Each fun pass grants two hours of unlimited outside attractions and arcade games that don’t award prizes or tickets. Attractions range from mini golf, bumper boats, and go-karts to many, many arcade games. (more info)
- Outing for One, Two, or Four at Maui Sands Resort & Indoor Waterpark: Indoor, tropical-island themed waterpark with lazy rivers, vortex pools, a lagoon, a treehouse, and signature slides. (more info)
- Summer Party for 15 at Children’s Museum of Pittsburgh: Each party package includes, Museum admission for 15 guests (children or adults), One hour table reservation, Balloons, napkins, plates, and cups, 15 invitations, Two cheese pizzas, Four pitchers of fruit punch and One 10-inch decorated cake. (more info)