Trying to keep the kids busy with summer without breaking the bank? Play Pittsburgh’s “Weekly Guide to Coupons & Deals” will save your family money all season! Look for our new weekly guide with every Friday this summer to keep up to date on the top picks for FREE weekend fun, deals on family dining and discounts on family entertainment.
Weekend Guide to FREE Pittsburgh Fun: July 18th – 20th
No need to spend a fortune to have a great time. Pittsburgh is booming with great free and cheap fun all summer long (see this month’s entire calendar). Check out our Top 5 Picks for FREE fun happening this weekend!
1. Horse Trading Days : Horse parade on Friday, July 18th at 7pm! Horse Trading Days welcomes as many as 40,000 guests each year. Tour the historic sites, enjoy the free concerts, explore unique stores, and dine at fine restaurants and cafes.
2. Aviary at the South Park Game Preserve : FREE Aviary program will be at the Game Preserve on Saturday. Please be sure to register!
3. The Polish Hill Arts Festival : 7th Annual Polish Hill Art Festival which includes artists and craft vendors, food stands, art and craft activities, and live music all day.
4. Open Streets : Open Streets Pittsburgh will close the roads to cars so that people can walk, skate, dance, play, and be social. ree event downtown on Sunday, July 20, 2014, rain or shine, from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Market Street to the Clemente Bridge will be open for everyone to enjoy with activities including yoga, Zumba, dance classes, a climbing wall, and much more.
5. Vintage Grand Prix : Schenley Park Race Day! Vintage Races 9:30 AM to 4:00 PM International Car Show on golf course
Top Deals on Family Entertainment
1. Fun Fore All: Attractions range from mini golf, bumper boats, and go-karts to many, many arcade games- plus a three-story play area outfitted with 30-plus interactive features, including a four-story slide. (SAVE 39%).
Top Deals on Family Eats
- OH YEAH! Ice Cream & Coffee: Quirky boutique mixes ice cream with ingredients such as candy and habanero peppers, and pours organic, free-trade coffee (SAVE 40%).
- Cold Stone Creamery: Mix-ins blend with fresh-churned ice cream to create unique flavor combinations (SAVE 50%)
- Saga Hibachi: Hibachi chefs chop, slice, and whip up savory steaks and seafood as sushi masters create delicate maki rolls and sashimi (SAVE 50%)
- Sincerely Yogurt: Frozen yogurt flavors include vanilla, pumpkin, very strawberry and other varieties; fresh seasonal fruit and candy crown sweet swirls (SAVE 50%)
- Union Pig & Chicken Barbeque: Ribs, brisket, pork shoulder, and barbecued or fried chicken along with mac and cheese, slaw, other sides, and specials… YUM! (SAVE 50%)