Trying to keep the kids busy with summer without breaking the bank? Play Pittsburgh’s “Weekly Guide to Coupons & Deals” will save your family money all season! Look for our new weekly guide every Friday this summer to keep up to date on the top picks for FREE weekend fun, deals on family dining and discounts on family entertainment.
Weekend Guide to FREE Pittsburgh Fun: June 27th – 29th
No need to spend a fortune to have a great time. Pittsburgh is booming with great free and cheap fun all summer long (see this month’s entire calendar). Check out our Top 5 Picks for FREE fun happening this weekend!
- Festival in the Park: Blueberry Hill (Saturday)
- Lowe’s Build & Grow (Saturday)
- McSummerfest Parade (Saturday)
- Starlite Car Cruise and Family Festival (Friday)
- Princesses at the Plaza (Friday)
Top Deals on Family Entertainment
- Catherdal of Learning: Wander through meticulously decorated interiors representing the traditions of the many different immigrant groups that built the city (SAVE 50%).
- Robert Morris Island Sports Center:Putt-putt across an 18-hole mini-golf course packed with waterfalls, streams, and slopes on shores of Ohio River (SAVE 52%).
- Wheel Mill: Indoor park with built-out ramps, runs, and jumps for riders of all ages; camps teach bike safety and riding tricks (SAVE 51%).
- Mad Science Summer Camp: Young scientists and engineers can bend light, spark chemical reactions, alter voices, or create a small-scale storm! (SAVE 54%)
- Fun Slides Carpet Park: Keep the kids entertained this summer with 1/2 off admission for two to Fun Slides Carpet Skatepark & Party Center – Greensburg location (SAVE 50%).
Top Deals on Family Eats
- Union Pig & Chicken Barbeque: Ribs, brisket, pork shoulder, and barbecued or fried chicken along with mac and cheese, slaw, other sides, and specials… YUM! (SAVE 50%)
- Mancini’s: The winner of Best Bread in Pittsburgh 2013 packs its signature bread with slices of pepperoni and cheese, served with marinara for dipping (SAVE 48%).
- Johnny’s Burgers & Hot Dogs: All-beef hot dogs and burgers pair with fresh-cut fries, tasty hand-dipped shakes, floats, and fountain drinks (SAVE 47%).
- Milanos Pizza: Thin-crust pizzas with homemade sauce and a choice of nearly 30 toppings including steak, crab, feta, banana peppers, and fontinella cheese (SAVE 50%).
- Artisan Pizza Company: Bake-at-home pizzas with fresh toppings such as prosciutto and granny smith apples; gluten-free options available (SAVE 47%).